My relatively old (ok, it’s just been three months) Lock & Lock Canteen was dirty as hell since I forgot to wash it before Holy Week break. I needed a water bottle for gym but didn’t want to wash the icky canteen. So being the lazy guy that I am, I decided to opt for the easy albeit more expensive option of just buying a new water bottle.
I ended up in the Lock & Lock Concept Store in the 3rd floor of Glorietta 4 (right beside Toby’s). I admit, I’ve never been so enamored with plastic containers before visiting this store. Now, I understand to some degree how omoni felt about Tupperware.
After some deliberation and conversation with the helpful Lock & Lock sales lady, I bought this green P600 Lock & Lock Eco Life 800mL Water Bottle. I had to rationalize deeply to myself why it was worth the expensive price and here is my list:
- It has a really sleek design: the contoured body with easy-grip, plus the cap that has a rubber plastic lining to easily twist it open.
- It comes with measurements on the side so I can be accurate about my whey protein drinks for the gym (although I’m wondering why the measurement only counts until 700 mL when it is an 800 mL bottle).
- It comes in a deep forest green color that reflects its environmentally friendly BisFree Tritan copolyester, a Bisphenol-A (BPA) free material, that’s 100% recyclable and was produced with less CO2 emission
- It can be used for both hot and cold drinks since the material is as light and durable as plastic but has the high transparency of glass.
- It has an inner stopper that helps prevent spills. (Yes, I’m a messy drinker!)
In short, I like the fact that it’s from Lock & Lock – the leading Korean brand of kitchen and other what-have-you-ware containers. Ha ha ha! (^0^)