It’s a week of major movements for K-Pop albums in the Astrovision/Astroplus Chart.
To start off, the highest ranking K-Pop album is no longer Lucifer by SHINee. It is now Back To The Basics by Rain which re-enters the chart at #2 in the Foreign Rankings and #10 in the Over-all Rankings. This is primarily due to the first triple album launch held by Polyeast Records. I’m absolutely thrilled to know that other record labels like Polyeast are also becoming more active in promoting the K-Pop albums they have under their wings.
Speaking of the triple album launch, it also catapulted the MBLAQ: Asian Special Edition to #4 in the Foreign Chart and #12 in the Overall Chart. This is the first time for MBLAQ to ever be on a local music sales chart.
Also doing well, even if not as great as Rain and MBLAQ, is the First Invasion album by Infinite, which was also launched formally into the Philippine market in the same album launch. Their album hit #7 in the Foreign Chart. Considering that Infinite is a relatively new K-Pop group in the market (with no local fan group as far as I know), their success is proof that album launches are very important for K-Pop albums to generate really good sales (Attention all records labels!).
As usual, Bonamana Version C by Super Junior does fantastic on both charts. It places #3 among foreign albums and #11 over-all. This is incredibly impressive as it even topped the recently launch Lucifer album by SHINee which falls to #6 in the Foreign Category and #15 in the Overall Top 16. This only proves that when it comes to the Philippine K-Pop market – Super Junior definitely rules.
With that, here are the complete charts:
Over-All Top 16 of the Week: September 20 to 26
1. Faithfully (Star Records) – Jovit Baldovino [+4]
2. XLR8 (Viva Records) – XLR8 [NE]
3. The Classics Album (Universal Records) – Jed Madela [-1]
4. My Worlds (MCA Music) – Justin Bieber [+2]
5. Ngayon At Kailanman (Universal Records) – Ogie Alcasid [-1]
6. Christmas Dance-A-Thon Ver. 3.0 (Synergy Records) – Various Artists [NE]
7. Full Blast Dance: Christmas Edition (Able Music) – Various Artists [NE]
8. Byahe (Universal Records) – Noel Cabangon
9. Middle-aged Juvenile Pop Rockers (Universal Records) – Parokya ni Edgar
10. Back To The Basics (Polyeast Records) – Rain [RE]
11. Bonamana Version C (Universal Records) – Super Junior [-4]
12. MBLAQ: Asian Special Edition (Polyeast Records) – MBLAQ [NE]
13. Acoustic Worship 2 (Able Music) – Various Artists [-1]
14. Charice (Warner Music) – Charice [-5]
15. Lucifer: 2nd Album Version A/B (Universal Records) – SHINee [-14]
16. Just Dance To The Boom Boom (Able Music) – Various Artists [NE]
Top 10 Best Selling Foreign Albums: September 13 to 19
1. My Worlds (MCA Music) – Justin Bieber [+1]
2. Back To The Basics (Polyeast Records) – Rain [RE]
3. Bonamana Version C (Universal Records) – Super Junior [=]
4. MBLAQ: Asian Special Edition (Polyeast Records) – MBLAQ [NE]
5. Charice (Warner Music) – Charice [-1]
6. Lucifer: 2nd Album Version A/B (Universal Records) – SHINee [-5]
7. First Invasion (Polyeast Records) – Infinite [NE]
8. Teenage Dream (Polyeast Records) – Katy Perry [-2]
9. Camp Rock 2 OST (MCA Music) – Various Artists [-4]
10. Hands All over (MCA Music) – Maroon 5 [NE]
[NE] New Chart Entry
[RE] Chart Re-Entry
[=] No Chart Movement
[+] Upward Chart Movement
[-] Downward Chart Movement
Thanks to Polyeast Records for the photo.