It’s a mix of joy and disappointment this week in the Odyssey Music Charts for August 23 to 29. I really expected Super Junior’s Bonamana Album to finally topple Jovit Baldovino’s Faithfully from the top spot but it seems that the sales generated during the event wasn’t enough to do this.
I blame this partially on the fact that Odyssey Greenbelt was not included among the venues for the simultaneous launch. Instead, a make-shift location was done in Glorietta across McDonalds 2nd Floor. This is the first time that Super Junior has not ranked #1 after an album launch event.
Still, #2 is still a great achievement for an album that has been released in several versions already.
Here is the complete chart:
Over-all Top 10 Albums: August 23 to 29
1. Faithfully (Star Records) – Jovit Baldovino [=]
2. Bonamana (Universal Records) – Super Junior [+6]
3. My World 2.0 (MCA Music) – Justin Bieber [+4]
4. 60 Taon Ng Musika At Soap Opera (Star Records) – Various Artists [RE]
5. Byahe (Universal Records) – Noel Cabangon [-2]
6. Charice (Warner Music) – Charice [-1]
7. Ngayon At Kailanman (Universal Records) – Ogie Alcasid [-3]
8. Love (MCA Music) – Boyz II Men [NE]
9. Power Hits 2010 (MCA Music) – Various Artists [=]
10 . Sa’Yo Lamang (Star Records) – Various Artists [RE]
[NE] New Chart Entry
[RE] Chart Re-Entry
[=] No Chart Movement
[+] Upward Chart Movement
[-] Downward Chart Movement