1. The Focus On K-Pop. If you’re a K-Pop Fan, this drama is perfect for you. It gives a view, if not an insightful look, of the K-Pop music scene in Korea. Aside from the usual craziness of the fans for their idols, He’s Beautiful actually shows some of the things (both bad and good) that happen behind-the-scenes of “cookie-cut” bands created by the large Music Agencies in Korea. I think the same thing occurs in the Philippines (Hello XLR8!).
2. Jang Geun-Seuk’s Weird Style. When you first meet Hwang Tae-Kyung, you’ll definitely notice his unique fashion sense. Black eyeliner. Asymmetrical “girly” shirts. Skinny body-hugging pants. Slick and shiny side-swept bangs. But the funny thing is that this look is not just for He’s Beautiful. He dresses like that as well in real life. Just check out the red carpet picture above.
3. Jang Geun-Seuk’s voice. Believe it or not, this guy is actually a decent and even a good singer given the right material. In fact, one of my favorite songs from a K-Drama was actually sang by him in Beethoven Virus. The title of the song above is “들리나요” or “Can You Hear Me”. It’s quite good isn’t it?
4. FT Island’s Lee Hong-Ki. The actor who plays the funny and outgoing Jeremy is actually the lead vocalist of the Pop Rock Idol Band FT Island. And his voice is a killer! Just check out this video from FT Island for “바래” or I Hope.
5. CN Blue’s Jung Yong-Hwa. As if FT Island’s Lee Hong-Ki wasn’t enough, the actor playing kind and level-headed Kang Shin-Woo is also a member of CN Blue. This indie Pop Rock band has a very cool sound that reminds me sometimes of a more upbeat version of Maroon 5. Their song 외톨이야 or “I’m a Loner” is one of my favorites as well.