Based on the Astrovision/Astroplus Charts for the same week which I posted HERE, I pretty much expected that Girls Generation would totally dominate the Odyssey Music & Video Stores Chart for May 17 to 23.
However, Charice’s self-titled international debut album seems to hold strong at #1 despite the heavy assault from the newly launched “Run Devil Run” album by Girls Generation at #2. “Genie” and “Gee” also figure prominently in the rankings at #4 and #5. Nowhere to be found is “Oh” which was also one of the four albums from Girls Generation that surged up the rankings in the Astrovision/Astroplus Charts thanks to the Black Soshi Day event by Universal Records. I think that Sony Music can definitely learn a lot from Universal Records on how to promote K-Pop artists locally but more on that on a later post.
Meanwhile, “Don Don” by Super Junior remains steady at #6. This makes it it’s third week in the Odyssey Music & Video Stores Chart – proving the strong following of the group in the country.
Over-All Top 10 Albums: May 17 to May 23
1. Charice (Warner Music) – Charice [=]
2. Run Devil Run (Universal Records) – Girls Generation [NE]
3. My World 2.0 (MCA Music) – Justin Bieber [-1]
4. Genie (Universal Records) – Girls Generation [RE]
5. Gee (Universal Records) – Girls Generation [RE]
6. Don’t Don (Universal Records) – Super Junior [-2]
7. Ikaw Na Nga (Star Records) – Willie Revillame [-2]
8. Addicted to Acoustic 2 (Vicor Music) – Princess [NE]
9. Today’s Fav. Love Songs Unplugged (Ivory Records) – Various Artists [+1]
10. Perhaps Love (Star Records) – Aiza Seguerra [NE]
[NE] New Chart Entry
[RE] Chart Re-Entry
[=] No Chart Movement
[+] Upward Chart Movement
[-] Downward Chart Movement