As expected and predicted, Super Junior’s “Don’t Don” immediately drops a couple of places this week in the Odyssey Music & Video Over-All Top-Selling Album Charts after topping it last week HERE. This is based on nationwide sales reports for the week of May 10 to 16.
Tohoshinki’s “Best Selection 2010” also drops out of the chart this week after being the #1 best-selling album in the week of April 26 to May 2 which I posted HERE and the #7 best-selling album in the week of May 3 to May 9 HERE.
Again, there is no need for K-Pop fans to worry about the success of K-Pop groups locally. I have observed that practically all K-Pop albums tend to top the charts quickly after huge sales then drop just as fast, sometimes even just after a week, because most K-Pop fans just want to have a copy of the albums right away.
By the way, I can’t compare the results of the Odyssey Music & Video Store Charts with the Astrovision and Astroplus for the week of May 10 to 16 since I wasn’t able to get a copy of the latter’s latest chart. Hopefully, the Astrovision and Astroplus Charts will be back this week.
Over-All Top 10 Albums: May 10 to May 16
1. Charice (Warner Music) – Charice [NE]
2. My World 2.0 (MCA Music) – Justin Bieber [+2]
3. Sa’yo Lamang (Star Records) – Various Artists [NE]
4. Don’t Don (Universal Records) – Super Junior [NE]
5. Ikaw Na Nga (Star Records) – Willie Revillame [-2]
6. 2nd Album (Star Records) – Bugoy Drilon [=]
7. KC Concepcion (Sony Music) – KC Concepcion [-5]
8. My World (MCA Music) – Justin Bieber [NE]
9. I-Star 15th Anniversary Collection (Star Records) – Various Artists [-1]
10. Today’s Fav. Love Songs Unplugged (Ivory Records) – Various Artists [RE]
[NE] New Chart Entry
[RE] Chart Re-Entry
[=] No Chart Movement
[+] Upward Chart Movement
[-] Downward Chart Movement