Here is the May 3 to 9 update to the weekly chart of top-selling albums in Odyssey Music & Video Stores. Again, please note that the Odyssey Chart comes a week more delayed compared to the Astrovision/Astroplus Charts because Odyssey has more music stores nationwide.
Super Junior’s “Don’t Don” Album debuts by topping the chart. This was pretty much the same thing that happened in the Astrovision/Astroplus Chart for the same week which I posted HERE. Meanwhile, Tohoshinki’s “Best Selection 2010” Album which was the leader in last week’s chart (which I posted HERE) quickly drops to 7th place this week.
I’ve noticed that K-Pop albums tend to top the charts quickly then drop quickly as well. But K-Pop fans should not panic. This may be attributed to very fast sales (everybody just wants to have their copy of latest Super Junior album for instance). By the time the week ends, practically all of the local K-Pop fans already have a copy of the latest K-Pop album. Hence, the drop the succeeding week.
Over-All Top 10 Albums: May 3 to May 9
1. Don’t Don (Universal Records) – Super Junior [NE]
2. KC Concepcion (Sony Music) – KC Concepcion [+3]
3. Ikaw Na Nga (Star Records) – Willie Revillame [+1]
4. My World 2.0 (MCA Music) – Justin Bieber [-1]
5. The Fame Monster (MCA Music) – Lady Gaga [NE]
6. 2nd Album (Star Records) – Bugoy Drilon [+4]
7. Best Selection 2010 (Universal Records) – Tohoshinki [-6]
8. I-Star 15th Anniversary Collection (Star Records) – Various Artists [-1]
9. Romance Revisited (Universal Records) – Christian Bautista [-3]
10. Renditions of the Soul (Warner Music) – Nina [NE]
[NE] New Chart Entry
[=] No Chart Movement
[+] Upward Chart Movement
[-] Downward Chart Movement